This notice is about the information we collect about you, how we may use it, how we keep it secure and your right to access the data we hold.
- The main reason we collect personal information is to provide our services for you, process and deliver your orders and meet our legal obligations.
- We only ask for the minimum amount of personal data to allow us to do this.
- We have to share your data to process your order, arrange deliveries and take payment for goods and services from you.
- We are careful to keep your data secure.
- We will only send marketing information to you if you consent for us to do this.
- You may contact us at any time about the information we hold about you.
Who are we
What information do we collect
Nearly all the information that we collect about you is given to us by you. This is done when you request a product or service, ask for a catalogue, register for our newsletter or any other information. This information may be collected on our website, by email, on the telephone, on our ‘Live Chat’ service or by other written or verbal communication.
It may include:
- name, billing address, delivery address and contact details such as phone numbers and email address
- details of products and services
- encrypted payment details
- call recordings
- if you create an account – an encrypted password
- if VAT relief is claimed – the names and address of the VAT relief claimant (which the user may be providing on behalf of the claimant) including the reason for that claim
We also automatically record:
- analytic data on how you accessed our website including your IP address, type of device and response tracking from our digital marketing activity
How we use the information we collect
We will use the information we collect to:
- Process your order including sharing your information with our suppliers and couriers who fulfil orders on our behalf.
- Process payment for the products and services
- Help identify you when you contact us
- Communicate with you about the order and any service activity.
- Where you have agreed, provide you with marketing information and newsletters
Who we share your data with
We share your data with companies who we use to fulfil your order, provide follow-up services, carry out marketing communications and fulfil our legal obligations.
- Suppliers and couriers
- Secure online payment providers
- Marketing fulfilment service providers
- Government bodies such as HMRC who set VAT Relief regulations
- Other organisations if the law compels us to provide the information to them
Any third parties we may engage only have access the information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
Transfer of data beyond the European Economic Area or International Organisations
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA in order to provide you with the services and products you require. This will most likely occur when our third-party providers are based outside the EEA.
If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is as equally protected as in the UK.
We audit any third party services we use to ensure they comply with the EU-U.S Privacy Shield Framework.
How long do we retain your information and why
We only retain your personal information as long as needed to fulfil the activities we collected it for. In order to comply with legal and accounting requirements this will normally be for seven years.
At the end of this period we will delete your data or where appropriate anonymise it so that it can no longer be linked with you but may still be available for us to sue for statistical analysis.
Your individual rights as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You may request this verbally or in writing, but the easiest way is to complete our ‘Data Subject Access Request Form” available HERE. We will respond to your request within one month. There is no charge for this.
- If you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request a correction verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one month.
- You also have the right ‘to be forgotten’ – that is to have your personal information erased once that data is no longer needed for the purpose which we originally collected it for. You may request a deletion of your data verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one month
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the use of your personal information. This means we will store your data but not use it. You may request a restriction verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one month
- We recognise the right to data portability which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- In some circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You have an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing. You may object verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one month.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
- Email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to our Data Protection Officer at Data Protection Officer, Medequip Assistive Technology Ltd, Unit 2 The Summit Centre, Skyport Drive, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0LJ.
If you in any way unhappy with how we deal with your requests, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office at any point.